Friday 26 September 2014

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - Review

**A note on my notes: This review is spoiler free.**

"Libraries were full of ideas - perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons."


Throne of Glass is a new(ish) young adult fantasy series that follows the life of Celaena Sardothien, an 18-year-old girl who was the very best assassin in the kingdom. That is, until she was captured. After spending a year in a salt-mine death camp, the Crown Prince of Adarlan, presents her with an offer she can't refuse: serve as the King's Champion for four years and she can earn her freedom. To become King's Champion, Celaena must compete for the position against twenty-three of the land's most accomplished soldiers and infamous criminals. Along the way, she forms unlikely alliances and interesting friendships and begins to notice that not everything in the castle is as it seems...

The Good
This book is absolutely fantastic! I loved the characters and thought they were all really well developed. Celaena is such a great heroine and I loved reading about her and learning about her life. I also loved this world! I've haven't been so invested in a fictional world in such a long time and I just found this world so interesting. The world-building was also really subtlety written so there aren't sections where you feel overwhelmed by the world-building. The plot is so fast paced that I could easily have read this book all in one sitting.

The Bad Not as Good
I didn't really have any problems with this book at all. The only thing that I wish I could change would be the detail that we're given about the tests that the contestants have to do to stay in the competition; however, in order for this to happen the book would have had to take place over a shorter period of time.

The Recommendation
If you're looking for a book that you know you'll love, then you should read this. I loved this book so much that I am recommending it to everyone, because I seriously think everyone will love it.

You can find out more about Throne of Glass here
You can follow me on Twitter here.
You can add me as a friend of Goodreads here.
You can subscribe to me on YouTube here.

No comments:

Post a Comment