Friday 10 October 2014

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas - Review

**A note on my notes: If you haven't read Throne of Glass, then you might be spoiled. If you have, there are no spoilers.**

"Before she was deadly. Now she is unstoppable." 

Crown of Midnight is the second book in the Throne of Glass series. I posted my review of the first book here, and a further discussion of my thoughts here. Crown of Midnight follows Celaena, the newly appointed King's Champion, as she does whatever she can to save the lives of those she's been ordered to kill. In doing so, she falls further and further into troubles and alliances that she never wanted to be a part of.

The Good
I loved this book a lot more than I loved Throne of Glass, which really is saying something because I gave them both five stars. Crown of Midnight really is a step up from the first book: there's a lot more action, a lot more Chaol and a lot more intensely interesting discoveries. The magic of the world and what happened to it is a lot more foregrounded in this book, which I really liked. I also loved the ending. And, Celaena is a lot more kickass in this one.

The Bad Not as Good
If you're team Dorian, then you might not enjoy this as much because it's Choal's time to shine. This book is also a lot more emotional than Throne of Glass, which really isn't a bad thing but it really does tug on your heart strings.

The Recommendation
Obviously, if you read Throne of Glass and you loved it, then you should for sure pick of this book. If you read Throne of Glass and you didn't think it lived up to the hype, then you should still give this book a go, because I think this one really steps up.

Happy Reading!! 

You can find out more about Crown of Midnight here
You can follow me on Twitter here.
You can add me as a friend of Goodreads here.
You can subscribe to me on YouTube here.

No comments:

Post a Comment